- We will send this to you upon receipt of booking deposit
- Complete page 2 - E2.1 to E25.4 - Natural Persons details
- Complete page 4 - G1 to G5 and G8 thru G9.2 - Import/Export Details
- Complete page 5 - I1.1 to I5 - Details of Firearms and ammo
- DO NOT SIGN! You do this in South Africa! Also, the date format is year/month/day
- Please view this sample E520 for instructions on how to fill out your form
Click Here for Sample e520 Form
Proof of Ownership
Proof of Ownership
- USA: Custom Form 4457 - We will send this to you upon receipt of booking deposit). This must be filled out and signed by a US Customs Officer before your trip (take your gun to your local international airport's customs office prior to your trip).
- UK or Europe: Copy of your firearm license
- This Invitation Letter will come from us. You will need to add your personal details and firearms details to the letter.
- You will need to show your airline arrival and departure details at the South Africa Police Station upon arrival.
Procedures through TAMBO (Johannesburg) Airport
Upon Arrival in South Africa
- Exit Plane and go through Passport Control
- Go the the Import/Export Office. Next to it is an area marked "Firearms and Security items"
- Identify your rifle case and sign for it if required
- Collect your normal luggage at the appropriate conveyor belt
- Proceed on the Green line through customs
- Exit the arrivals hall, look for an Africa Hunt Lodge representative holding sign with your name on it
- Take a right and look for the SAP Firearms office, where you will review and sign for your permit.
What you can Bring
Rifles and Shotguns
- Maximum of four (4) firearms or shotguns, not more than one of the same caliber or gauge
- Only 200 rounds for each permitted firearm or shotgun will be allowed
- No ammunition for other firearms (not accompanying you) is permitted
- Firearms must bear the manufacturer's serial number which the firearm can be identified, found on the barrel, frame or the receiver of the firearm
- Handguns will be allowed into the country but must be used for hunting only which requires letters from hunter and outfitter stating such.
- Shotguns: only side by side, over/under, or Pump shotguns are permitted